Empty Folder Nuker
Empty Folder Nuker finds and deletes all empty folders starting from a base folder of your choice.
- Finds folders that contain only empty subfolders too
- Allows you to choose which empty folders to delete
- Uses the Recycle Bin where available
- Shell integration: right click on any folder in Windows Explorer and find empty folders within it
- No setup.exe: allows simple XCOPY-style deployment
Warning & Disclaimer
Some programs require certain folders to exist, even when they are empty. Deleting those folders may cause
these programs to stop working properly. Only delete folders that you are sure you do not need.
This program comes with no warranty and is supplied as is.
Empty Folder Nuker runs on the following operating systems:
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 2000
- Windows Server 2003
Main window of Empty Folder Nuker.
Results window. Double click on a folder in the list to further examine it in Windows Explorer.
Press the "Shell Integration..." button to install right-click menu entry on folders.
Empty Folder Nuker integrated into the Windows shell.
Found this program useful?
If you find this program useful, please consider leaving a donation!
Donate from your PayPal balance:
Donate by credit card:
Found a bug or got a suggestion?
Let me know about it!
Version 1.3.0 (Aug 1st, 2007)
- Added ability to save empty folder paths to text file
- Fixed graphical glitch on buttons when resizing window
Version 1.2.0 (Feb 10th, 2007)
- Results window is now resizeable
- Double click on a folder in results window will open it in Windows Explorer
- Fixed bug where inaccessible folders (such as "System Volume Information") showed up as being empty
- Added "Exit EmptyFolderNuker after successful deletion" checkbox
- Fixed bug where horizontal scrollbar didn't show up after second round of finding
- Improved GUI by dynamically greying out unavailable buttons
- Checked "Consider folders with only empty subfolders as empty" by default
- Removed extra backslashes from paths in results window
Version 1.1.0 (Dec 17th, 2006)
- Added Unicode support
- Enabled XP-style UI elements
- Fixed duplicate keyboard shortcut mnemonics
- Moved "Shell Integration..." button to lower left corner
- Updated icon
Version 1.0.0 (Dec 10th, 2006)